Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Altered Picture Frame

I had this picture frame that, while not horrible,  it just wasn't my style.

I was originally planning on still using it as a picture frame, so I gessoed it, thinking I would paint and/ or collage on it.

After thinking about it some more, I decided that I didn't want to keep the picture frame part and thought I would cover it with paper- or something, and decided to fill in the holes with dimensional magic. I've got this really old bottle- like 15 years old, and it's all yellowed, so I try to use it whenever I know it won't matter.

Next step: After adding another layer of gesso, I inked around the edges with tea dye distress ink.

I cut some cardstock slightly smaller than each panel,

covered it with dictionary paper,

and inked them with tea dye distress ink.

At this point, I still wasn't sure where I was going with this, but I figured I'd just keep going and eventually I'd get somewhere. I stamped four butterflies, cut them out, and accented them with a Gelly Roll clear stardust glitter pen.

I glued them on, but I knew it would need something else.

I had these paper flowers I made a few weeks ago and thought I'd try them.

The finished product! I think it turned out pretty good. It's definitely more my style now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment