Thursday, August 22, 2013

Art Journal Page- Find Your Style

Here is my newest art journal page. This one started, as a lot of my pages do, with a layer of paper scraps covered with a thin layer of gesso. I did the border with a stamp carved from an eraser. There are some other randomly stamped bits and, of course, the butterfly. I use butterflies a lot, but I like them. I then used spray inks and glimmer mists, spraying and blotting and spraying again until I liked it. The picture is a bit washed out. The actual page is more vibrant. At this point, I wasn't sure what to add to it. In fact, I almost left it as it was. But I found the "Find Your Style" cut from a catalog, I think, and decided to go with that, mostly because my style, at least lately, is random paper scraps, spray inks, and butterflies.

A lot of the texture is from using varying thicknesses of paper scraps on the first layer.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!! Love all of the rainbow colors, hard to imagine what it really looks like if this picture is washed out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete