Thursday, March 21, 2013

New Art Journal page!

My newest page. It doesn't have a title- I'm really bad at coming up with titles unless its really obvious what it should be.

The words in the upper right corner is from a fortune cookie and says, "You have an active mind and a keen imagination."



Here is the first layer. Phone book pages, spray ink, and paint.



Then I added gesso, more spray ink and paint through stencils and punchinella. You can't really see it in the picture, but there's also some random rubber stamping in black.



The girl is from a magazine. The wings are from clip art butterflies. And I used a fortune cookie fortune.
I drew around the girl and fortune with a black water color pencil and  blended with a water brush.
I also outlined the wings with a clear star Gelly Roll pen, but I think I did that after I took the picture.

This page didn't turn out quite like I intended, but I like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment