Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Why I do Project Life and week 11

When I first heard about Project Life, I thought it was a good idea, but I didn't think it was for me. I rarely go anywhere or do anything worth taking pictures and I don't have any kids.

Last year, I started doing Project 365, where you take a photo every day. I decided to narrow my focus and just take a picture of my dog, Annabelle, every day. (To see them, click here.) Later, I decided to also take a picture of whatever art or craft I do each day. Sometimes it's just one tiny bit on an art journal page or a doodle in a sketchbook, but I do something creative every day. I also started taking a random photo every day. This could be a picture of anything- people, places, food; but it mostly ends up being pictures of the sky.

I thought it was sad that I took all these photos and never did anything with them. I occasionally printed one that I really liked, but mostly not.

This year, I decided to at least try Project Life. I thought it would be a good way to use the photos I take. I like it so far. I think I need to do more journaling so it's not just page after page of pictures. But even as it is, I like it. I find myself flipping through it pretty regularly, even though it's been less than three months since I started.

I definitely intend to continue with Project Life throughout the year. I have some vague ideas of how to adapt it for next year so that it works better for me, but I've got quite a bit of time to think about it.





I am linking up with The Mom Creative for Project Life Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment