Monday, June 25, 2012

In the Sun pages 12 & 13

Pages 12 & 13 in my In the Sun art journal were not done following one of Natalie's prompts.  I just had some stuff I wanted to include.  These pages have a more "scrapbook-ish" look to them than the rest of the journal, but I'm okay with that.  I'm mostly just trying to make sure that each set of facing pages look okay together.

I've been attending the library's summer reading program, and each of these pages documents one of the meetings so far. My parents are attending as well, so I was able to get some pictures of them to use on these pages.

On June 12th, we made handmade paper, which was cool because I've always wanted to try it, but it seemed like a huge mess and a lot of trouble to go to for me to do it probably only once.





One June 19th, we made quilted bookmarks.  I knew I would never use mine as a bookmark (I like my bookmarks to be flat so the book will close), so I decided to put it in the journal as well.  I wanted it to be removable, so it's just tucked under the label.  I'll probably take it out until I'm through with the journal so that the pages will lie flat while I'm working on them.  At that point, it may get permanently glued in, but I haven't decided yet. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment