Thursday, June 21, 2012

In the Sun pages 8 and 9

Page 8- Yesterday's prompt was about something you are at heart, something that will never change.  I decided to admit to my band geekery (geekishness?  I like geekery better!).

Can I just say that I love the fact that I am using my stash this summer!  I have had the trumpet and note die cuts I used on this page since I started scrapbooking fifteen years ago!  They've survived several stash purges and I am so glad I've finally found a place for them.  Of course there is more where they came from, but I have new hope that I will use them or find someone who will.  Anyway, here's the page:





Page 9- The prompt for today was the song and video of  "Holiday" by Vampire Weekend.  I'm pretty sure I've heard the song before, but it isn't one I'm real familiar with.  I do like the lyrics, especially the line " To go away on a summer's day never seemed so clear."

Since this page faces the previous one, I used some of the sheet music I used on yesterday's page to tie it together, and wrote out the lyrics.  I also wrote the line I particularly liked on a picture from a catalog that I thought went well with the song.


No comments:

Post a Comment