Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Project Life week 17

Since we're about a third of the way through the year, I thought I'd write some of my thoughts on Project Life so far. I still love the idea and the result. I haven't done scrapbooking in years- I never finished my wedding scrapbook from more than 13 years ago. Last year, I started a smash book/ junk journal type thing, but I rarely bothered with printing out photos I had taken, so it mostly has ephemera. I love the fact that I'm actually using the photos I take, instead of just leaving them on my computer.

I like the baseball card pages I'm using, but I feel I'm stuck with using small photos. I've thought of several ways to incorporate larger photos, but I haven't as of yet. I'm also glad I chose to do one page a week instead of a two page spread. I sometimes struggle to fill one. I use a lot of pictures of my dog and way too many pictures of the sky. (I don't even know why I take so many sky/ cloud pictures.) I really need to start taking pictures of people. I think I've only used one photo of my husband, one of an aunt, a few of a cousin, and several of my nephew. None of my parents or any other family member. Definitely something I need to work on.

I hate that my first three weeks are not color coordinated with the rest, as I started out using random paper scraps before deciding to buy scrapbook paper specifically for Project Life. I've thought about going back and redoing the first weeks, but I haven't yet, so I probably won't bother with it.

I don't know if I'll go 12 x 12 next year. If I had to chose today, I'd probably stick to the baseball card pages.But since I've got eight months to think about it, who knows?

And now, here's week 17:



1 Date/ week card
2 Annabelle
3 Impossible Astronaut Day
4 My cousin, Katie
5 World Book Night
6 Annabelle
7 Art Journal Page
8 Sky
9 Read this week : Getting the Pretty Back by Molly Ringwald




No comments:

Post a Comment