Friday, May 17, 2013

Art Journal page: Annabelle

I seem to have stopped working on the backs of pages in my journal. After the first four pages, I started only doing a partial background on the back, thinking that I'd go back and add to it later, or if not, at least it had some color to it. The last few pages, I haven't even bothered doing that. I'm not sure why. I thought that taking the spiral out of the sketchbook I'm using would make it easier to work on the backs of pages, with them being able to lay flat. Oh well. I suppose some day I might go back and work on the backs, but who knows!

Here's this week's page. I find it odd that I'm only doing a page a week, but at least I'm doing that much. Some days I just have no inspiration or motivation at all.


This page started out rather similar to last week's page. I started with paper scraps. I stuck mostly with oranges and reds but to be honest I wasn't really thinking. I was just digging through my scraps and grabbing whatever caught my eye.


I covered the whole page with bandage/ gauze tape. No idea why- just seemed like a good idea.


Thin layer of gesso. If I use the tape again, I might skip this step, just to see what happens.


I used a stencil with large holes and put a different stencil under each shape and sprayed a different color in each section. It didn't turn out as cool looking as I was hoping and there was a bunch of white space, so using similar colored gelatos, I went around each section.


At this point I was at a loss as to what to do next, but  I remembered I had some photos left over from Project Life. Looking through them, I decided to use some pictures of my rat terrier, Annabelle. Isn't she a cutie?


To finish it off, I added her full name, Annabelle Dangermouse,  in letter stickers and rubber stamps. I like how it turned out, although I wasn't sure about it for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment