Thursday, May 30, 2013

Art Journal Pages

I think this is the first time this year that I've done two art journal pages in a week, so yay!

I really like this page.It started (as all of my most recent pages have) with random paper scraps covered with a thin layer of gesso., then some spray ink through stencils. The flower parts were made out of book pages and colored with a variety of media, including gel pens, colored pencils and gelatos.



This one ended up a lot better than I thought it might half-way through. I'm not sure what possessed me to use bright orange rubber stamp ink to stencil on this. Actually, I'm not even sure why I own bright orange rubber stamp ink. It was really bright and it definitely needed to be toned down, so I tried red spray ink, but I was outside and it was rather windy so instead of big splashes of red, it was just a fine mist, which helped but wasn't what I was going for. So I did purple at the top and let it drip. When that was dry I turned it over and did the same with turquoise. I couldn't think of a picture that would look good over all that, so I went with a quote, with letters cut from book pages.

1 comment:

  1. So colorful! Love that bright orange, both in your flower and the background.

    ReplyDelete