Saturday, May 11, 2013

Art Journal Page

I thought I wouldn't get an art journal page done this week; I just wasn't very inspired. But this evening I finished up a page I started yesterday.

I really like how the background turned out. It's hard to see in the photo, but there is a fortune cookie fortune that says, "Use your abilities at this time to stay focused on your goal. You will succeed."


Here are some in progress shots:

I used lots of paper scraps. You might see more of this sort of thing in an effort to curtail my scrap hoarding. The hazy white strip on the left is a piece of bandage tape that I used to reinforce the holes I punched for the binder rings.


Very thin coat of gesso scrapped on with a credit card (mostly because I hate cleaning brushes).


Spray ink in various colors over several stencils and punchinella.


And my chick: head drawn and painted on magazine page, arms and legs from a magazine, and the dress is from a collage sheet, I think.

There's a lot of doodling that isn't really visible in the photo. I need to start scanning the pages now that I've removed the spiral wire thing and the pages are (mostly) flat, but that would involve learning to work the scanner and I just haven't bothered yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment