Saturday, January 26, 2013

Duct Tape Laptop Sleeve

I made this a couple of weeks ago, and just realized that I never posted about it. I've had my laptop since September, but I never found a bag or sleeve that I really like. (Why do they insist on pairing zebra print with pink? Zebra print, I like. Pink, not so much.)
I received a package in the mail in a large bubble envelope and realized that it looked the same size as my laptop. I tried it out, and it just fit. I covered the envelope with duct tape and extended the flap as it was a bit short and I wanted it to overlap. I added some velcro closures and it was done!


Just FYI: this project took a whole roll of Duck brand Duct Tape plus about a quarter of another roll. I think each roll is 10 yards, so it took about 12 yards, maybe as much as 12 1/2.

I know it's probably not the most protective laptop sleeve, but it works for me. I'm sure it won't last forever, but then again what does?



No comments:

Post a Comment