Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Daily Ornament Day 19

For today, I made two versions of the same ornament, just decorated differently. It's a snowflake made from a (empty) toilet paper roll. I've seen them on various blogs and Pinterest. I didn't follow a tutorial, so I don't have one to link to, but I'll explain what I did. Basically, I just flattened an empty toilet paper roll (you could also use a paper towel roll), cut it into strips (mine are about 1/2 an inch but if I was doing it again, I'd go a bit thinner), painted the pieces, hot glued them together, and embellished them a bit.

For the first one I glued a brad in the center and outlined the edges of each piece with a Gelly Roll clear stardust pen. It's very subtle (and impossible to get a good picture of) but you can see it when the light hits it just right. You could also use glitter, but I rarely do- it's just too messy.



For the second one, I glued on some rhinestones, one in the center and one on the tip of each arm.



This is a really easy craft that can be as simple or elaborate as you want. To see a really awesome example (made by someone else) click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment